DAY TRIP | HIGHCLERE CASTLE BATTLE PROMS
SATURDAY 4 AUGUST : HIGHCLERE CASTLE : 100TH BATTLE PROMS!
HAVE YOUR HAMPERS & CHAMPERS AT THE READY & JOIN US FOR A SENSATIONAL SUMMER 'ESSENTIAL' IN STUNNING SURROUNDINGS... AN ABSOLUTE 'MUST-SEE' | EARLY BOOKING ALWAYS RECOMMENDED
Grab a spot on the grass outside the iconic Highclere Castle, roll out your picnic blanket (or tables/chairs) and get set for an evening of sublime classical music, live jazz, carefully choreographed Spitfire air and cavalry displays, dramatic cannon fire and a stunning firework finale; this truly is, the ultimate summer celebration! Book now to avoid disappointment - this trip always sells out quickly.
- bring your hampers and champers, get them corks a'popping and enjoy a spectacular afternoon and evening's entertainment
- win a prize at the traditional fairground stalls
- visit the Napoleonic re-enactors at their encampment and admire the horses and riders as 'Crown and Empire' parade
- enjoy a thrilling mounted skill-at-arms display by our expert cavalry troop - the 2018 cavalry display is performed in full 1918 regalia to mark 100 years since the end of WWI. The fun has only just begun!
- live music and entertainment - expect a wealth of vintage favourites to get you in the Battle Proms mood, plus optional singing, dancing and clapping along!
- enjoy an uplifting and inspiring celebration of soul-stirring classical favourites, performed by the New English Concert Orchestra, including the Battle Proms signature piece Beethoven's 'Battle Symphony', with the full complement of 193 cannons, plus musket fire and fireworks, providing a unique and breathtaking musical spectacular
- marvel at the meticulously choreographed and tear-jerking Spitfire aerial display, performed in the skies directly above the arena, by Carolyn Grace in the legendary Grace Spitfire (weather permitting)
- the perfect summer evening closes with the traditional sing-along, flag-waving proms finale, including favourites Jerusalem, Rule Britannia, and Land of Hope and Glory, culminating in a dazzling firework spectacular!
WHEN. WHERE. WHAT TIME. HOW MUCH.
PRICE £60pp (Concert Admission | Return Luxury Coach Travel | Services of a Courier). Please note that if you have to cancel your booking, for whatever reason, we are unable to issue any refunds - bookings may, however, be transferred. Please see our full T&Cs below.
Destination | Highclere Castle
Pick-Up Salisbury | 1:45pm
Pick-Up Amesbury | 2:00pm
Pick-Up Andover | TBC
Arrive Highclere Castle | 3.15-3.30pm (approx)
Depart Highclere Castle | 10:30pm (the concert finishes at 10pm approx)
Return Salisbury (via Amesbury) | between 11.30pm and midnight (approx)
GOOD TO KNOW
Location | The concert 'auditorium' is approximately ½ mile walk from the Coach Park
Weather | The concert will go ahead in inclement weather, however, in certain conditions, the Spitfire air display will unfortunately not be possible due to safety reasons
Food & Drink | The Battle Proms are exciting yet informal open air picnic concerts. You are welcome to bring your own food and picnic equipment and create your own space in the auditorium. You unpack the hampers and champers and we provide an evening of exceptional entertainment! Alternatively you may order a superb picnic hamper for collection on the night, from The Little Picnic Company, whose picnics are anything but little!
Gazebos & Naked Flames | are not permitted
BOOKING | EARLY RESERVATIONS ESSENTIAL
THIS TRIP IS ALWAYS POPULAR - SEATS ARE ALLOCATED AS BOOKINGS ARE RECEIVED
Tickets are non-refundable. Payment may be made
via PayPal or Debit/Credit Card (click on the PayPal button below - no
account required) or by Cheque | Bank Transfer, please call 01722
By proceeding with your booking, you agree to our Terms &
Conditions - please read them carefully before paying as they govern
your contract with us. Please be aware that if you are paying by
PayPal, you are leaving our site in order to complete this transaction
and we are not responsible for anything that occurs outside of our own